Where to Find Packing Materials and Moving Boxes for Your Upcoming Move
Although packing and unpacking your entire house in a short space of time can seem overwhelming, it doesn’t have to be if you follow these moving tips. A large part of your move is the preparation and packing up moving boxes.
Getting the right moving boxes is an excellent way of ensuring your valuable possessions arrive safely to your new home. You’ve probably heard horror stories of items that were in good condition before a move but were damaged during transit. Taking the right actions, such as using appropriate moving boxes and stocking up on all the required moving supplies, will help to safely transport during moving.
So, you’re about to move but don’t know where to get a good quality moving boxes and packing supplies? When you hire Cool Moving for packing and moving services, we can supply the right size boxes and moving equipment to help make the packing process easy. Read our special post to identify all the supplies you need and where to get quality moving boxes if you prefer to pack yourself.
Your Packing and Moving Supplies Checklist
It’s imperative to have the right packing material for the right items to ensure an easier moving day. The moving supplies below will help you get the job done:
What You Need for Packing:
- Bubble Wrap — Serves as cushioning for fragile items.
- Paper Pads — These sheets are ideal for wrapping appliances and covering wooden and leather furniture while moving.
- Plastic Wrap — Plastic wrap is a great non-stick material to help bundle items together and keep surfaces protected from scratches.
- Permanent Markers — Markers can conveniently be used for labeling and color-coding boxes.
- Packing Paper — Packing paper is ideal for protecting glassware, collectibles, dishes, and other fragile items while in storage or during a move.
- Packing Tape — Quality packing tape is a must for moving boxes because of its strength. You’ll want to consider a tape gun to help with the application.
- Moving boxes — Utilizing good-quality boxes will prevent them from falling apart under heavy loads.
What You Need for Moving:
- Bungee Cords — Whether heavy-duty or mini cord, bungee cords will come in handy when there is a need to secure objects in the moving truck.
- Furniture Pads — These thick furniture coverings can be used to wrap vulnerable pieces of furniture to prevent damage when moving them out of a house.
- Rubber Doorstops — A doorstop will make it easier to move things in or out of the house, so you don’t have to worry about opening the door.
- Broom and Dustpan — To sweep and scoop dirt from the floor once you’ve removed your boxes or furniture.
- Paper Towels — Instead of using conventional towels, keep paper towels available when moving for dining, handwashing or any cleaning needs.
What Size Moving Truck Do I Need?
Fitting everything you need to move in one load becomes daunting if the truck you settle on is too small. On the other hand, getting a bigger truck means that you might end up overpaying for your move or have valuable items shift during the move. Proper organization, the right moving boxes, and some math can help you size your truck appropriately.
Alternatively, you can use qualified full moving services of our company, that will bring the right size moving truck and get the job done for you.